[ops][glance][nova] scheduling problem because of ImagePropertiesFilter

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:35:27 UTC 2019

On 7/23/2019 8:57 AM, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:

> When running Ocata I had as property of some images:
>
> hypervisor_type='QEMU'
>
> and this worked
>
> Now in Rocjy:
>
> hypervisor_type='QEMU' --> doesn't work (i.e. all hypervisors are
> excluded by  ImagePropertiesFilter)
> hypervisor_type='qemu' --> doesn't work  (i.e. all hypervisors are
> excluded by  ImagePropertiesFilter)
> hypervisor_type='kvm' --> works
>
> "openstack hypervisor list --long"  reports "QEMU" as Hypervisor Type
> for all compute nodes

Apparently the filter doesn't use the ComputeNode.hypervisor_type field
(which is what you see in the API/CLI output) to compare the img_hv_type
property, it relies on some ComputeNode.supported_instances tuples which
are reported differently by the driver.

Can you enable debug in the scheduler so we could see this output when
you get the NoValidHost?

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/rocky/nova/scheduler/filters/image_props_filter.py#L97

Did you upgrade libvirt/qemu as well when you upgraded these nodes to
Rocky? I wonder if the supported instance hypervisor type reported by
the virt driver is kvm now rather than qemu even though the hypervisor
type reported in the API shows QEMU.

FWIW this is the virt driver code that reports that supported_instances
information for the compute node that's used by the scheduler filter:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/rocky/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L5846

Matt