[opendev] git clone fails: "The TLS connection was non-properly terminated"

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jul 23 00:53:42 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-22 17:17:08 -0700 (-0700), Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019, at 5:09 PM, Bernd Bausch wrote:
> > There seems to be something wrong with the opendev server. Is this a
> > glitch, a daily occurrence (backup?), or a deeper problem?
> >
> > This happens around midnight between July 22 and 23 UTC.
> >
> > $ git clone https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack.git -b stable/stein
> > Cloning into 'devstack'...
> > fatal: unable to access 'https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack.git/':
> > gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was non-properly
> > terminated.
[...]
> I think this may have happened because because one of the backend
> servers was removed from the load balancer rotation. And while we
> thought we had removed that server from the haproxy config [0]
> that didn't happen because our ansible doesn't know how to
> gracefully restart haproxy in a container. At this point haproxy
> should be aware that the server is gone and it will prevent any
> new connections from going to it.
[...]

Yep, sorry, we commented gitea01 out of the load balancer and I
subsequently deleted its server instance at 2019-07-22 23:25 UTC,
but I neglected to double-check that haproxy had actually stopped
distributing connections to it. That one's on me, seems we still
have some work to do making sure haproxy config changes are applied
automatically there.
--
Jeremy Stanley