[openstack-ansible][tripleo] creating collaborative acl

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 14:22:39 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
>  I briefly brought this up in the TripleO Ansible meeting however
> there seems to be more work happening together on OpenStack Ansible
> roles from the TripleO side (alongside cross-project gating, which is
> awesome!)
>
> Having said that, it seems like we're building more of an upstream
> relationship to TripleO but I think there is a lot of benefit of
> making it more of a collaboration between the teams.  Therefore, I'd
> like to propose that we create a Gerrit group called
> "openstack-ansible-collab".
>
> This ACL will be seeded with tripleo-ansible-core and
> openstack-ansible-core and it will ideally be placed on two initial
> repositories:
>
> - openstack/ansible-config_template
> - openstack/ansible-role-python_venv_build
> - openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest

We need to be careful about tripleo-ansible-core, it's actually including
all TripleO cores:
https://review.opendev.org/#/admin/groups/448,members

We usually trust ourselves enough to not merge things we're not comfortable
with but if that doesn't work for you, we can remove that group inclusion
and select a group of people to add in tripleo-ansible-core.

> Those are repositories that are actively being used by TripleO and
> they are even getting CI tested from TripleO.  They make the most
> sense to start with.  TripleO has been around for a while and they
> have a solid core team that I (personally) feel okay with having core
> to those repos for now (and more as we work on them together).
>
> In terms of governance, these projects will remain under
> OpenStack-Ansible governance.  Please let me know what you think of
> this proposal?

I don't think it's a problem, +1.

Thanks for the great proposal!
--