[docs][tc][infra][uc][sdk] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Jul 16 17:42:30 UTC 2019

Let me add some more tags and cross-post to user-committee and reword.

The api-site repo is orphaned, it is used to publish the content of
developer.openstack.org. I propose now the following actions:

* Move OpenStack API-Guide to openstack-manuals repo and publish to
docs.o.o (currently published at
https://developer.openstack.org/api-guide/quick-start/)
* Add a redirect for this on developer.o.o

* Kill the "Writing Your First OpenStack Application" document,
  since it's completely dead and outdated (last non-trivial change
  was 22nd February 2017).
  This is currently published to
  https://developer.openstack.org/firstapp-libcloud/ and
  https://developer.openstack.org/firstapp-shade/

* Publish all api-guide and api-ref documents to docs.openstack.org, add
  redirects for them on developer.openstack.org

* List SDKs and CLIs on the software page on www.openstack.org (Thierry
plans to do this)

* Remove landing page from developer.o.o, add redirects.

* After some time, retire developer.o.o and api-site repo completely.

I've started pushing changes with topic retire-api-site,
 https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:retire-api-site

Will WIP until Monday, 22nd of July.

If any team wants to adopt api-site completely, or parts of it, please
speak up, happy to help a hand-over - or wait a bit longer if further
discussion is needed,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg