[docs][tc][infra] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 14:39:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 16:17 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> From the feedback so far, let me refine the proposal:
> * Move OpenStack API-Guide to openstack-manuals repo and publish to docs.o.o
> * Kill "Writing Your First OpenStack Application" document
> * Publish all in-tree api-references and api-guides on
> docs.openstack.org instead of developer.o.o
> * List SDKs and CLIs on the software page
> * Add redirects on developer.openstack.org for moved documents
it looks like my reply earlirer got droped when i rebotted my laptop.
just wanted to say i use the config referecnce
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/configuration/config.html
 and the api doc https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/
almost daily espcially when helping people on irc.

as long as we continue to have a rendered copy of them hosted that is fine
and idealy with redirect as you are suggesting. unlike some of the other
docs the api-ref is much harder to consume in plain text form the git repo
or via github https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/api-ref/source/servers.inc
or opendev https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/src/branch/master/api-ref/source/servers.inc
although if it wasnt fro the lag the opendev version is much better then the way
github tries to render it as markdown.

it sound like the plan will contiue to preseve a hosted copy of the api refes so
i guess that is my main request.