[docs][tc][infra] what to do with developer.openstack.org and api-site?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jul 15 09:50:05 UTC 2019

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
> I see the following options:
>
> 1) Retiring developer.openstack.org completely, this would mean we would
> host the api-guides and api-references on docs.openstack.org (perhaps
> with moving them into doc/source). If we go down this road, we need to
> discuss what this means (redirects) and what to do with the Api-Guide
> and the FirstApp guide.
>
> 2) Fully revitialize the repo and have it owned by an official team or
> SIG (this means reverting parts of https://review.opendev.org/485249/)
>
> 3) Retire the document "Writing your first OpenStack Application", and
> unretire api-site and have it owned by some official team/SIG.
>
> Any other options? What shall we do?

Thanks Andreas for raising this.

As an extra data point, my long-term plan was to have SDKs and CLIs
properly listed in the Software pages under SDKs[1], including
third-party ones in their own subtab, all driven from the
osf/openstack-map repository[2].

With that in mind, I think it would make sense to look into retiring
developer.openstack.org, and move docs to docs.openstack.org. We could
also revive https://www.openstack.org/appdev/ and use it as the base
landing page to direct application-side people to the various pieces.

[1] https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/sdks
[2] https://opendev.org/osf/openstack-map/

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)