[queens][nova] nova host-evacuate errot

Jay See jayachander.it at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:51:30 UTC 2019

Thanks for explanation Ignazio.

I have tried same same by trying to put the compute node on a failure (echo
'c' > /proc/sysrq-trigger ). Compute node was stuck and I was not able
connect to it.
All the VMs are now in Error state.

Running the host-evacaute was successful on controller node, but now I am
not able to use the VMs. Because they are all in error state now.

root at h004:~$ nova host-evacuate h017
+--------------------------------------+-------------------+---------------+
| Server UUID                          | Evacuate Accepted | Error Message |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------+---------------+
| f3545f7d-b85e-49ee-b407-333a4c5b5ab9 | True              |               |
| 9094494b-cfa3-459b-8d51-d9aae0ea9636 | True              |               |
| abe7075b-ac22-4168-bf3d-d302ba37d80e | True              |               |
| c9919371-5f2e-4155-a01a-5f41d9c8b0e7 | True              |               |
| ffd983bb-851e-4314-9d1d-375303c278f3 | True              |               |

Now I have restarted the compute node manually , now I am able to connect
to the compute node but VMs are still in Error state.
1. Any ideas, how to recover the VMs?
2. Are there any other methods to evacuate, as this method seems to be not
working in mitaka version.

~Jay.

--
​