[TripleO] Using TripleO standalone with ML2/OVS

Bernard Cafarelli bcafarel at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 09:36:57 UTC 2019

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 08:11, Yatin Karel <ykarel at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Slawek,
>
> So from workflow perspective you just need to pass an environment file
> with correct set of parameters for ovs(resource_registry and
> parameter_defaults) to "openstack tripleo deploy" command in the
> end(to override the defaults) with -e <path of environment file>.
>
> In CI multinode ovs jobs are running with environment files containing
> ovs specific parameters. For Multinode ovs scenario the environment
> file [1]. Standalone ovs work(creation of environment file and CI job)
> is WIP by Marios[1]. I just rechecked the job to see where it's stuck
> as last failures were unrelated to ovs. @Marios Andreou can share
> exact status and @Slawomir Kaplonski you might also help in clearing
> it. From job logs of WIP patch you can check command for reference[3].
>
> You can use standalone environment files directly or use them as a
> reference and create custom environment files as per your use case.
>
> I have not deployed myself standalone with ovs or any other backend so
> can't tell exact parameters but if i try i will start with these
> references until someone guides for exact set of parameters someone
> uses for standlone ovs deployment. May be someone who have tried it
> will post on this mailing list.

Not tested yet, but when the default was switched to OVN, ML2/OVS "default"
environment files were updated and should work:
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/commit/6053eb196488a086449f5f2e4fe807825a16bd51#diff-6cac0d1de221a29d330377086cec8599
(before that switch, I know
"/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/neutron-ovn-standalone.yaml"
was working fine to do an OVN standalone deployment)

And if the neutron-ovs.yaml/ neutron-ovs-dvr.yaml files do not work out of
the box, they sound worth fixing :)
So you should be able to just add
"-e  /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/neutron-ovs.yaml"
to your openstack tripleo deploy command, and get a standalone ML2/OVS env.

--
Bernard Cafarelli