[horizon] Unable to boot instance from volume if image size doesn't fit in flavor root disk size

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at syntaxhighlighted.com
Thu Jul 4 23:12:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

In order to avoid creating spurious flavors just to match image size requirements, I’d like to be able to spawn instances from volume even if the flavor disk is too small - this is possible via CLI/API but Horizon doesn’t let me launch the instance unless either flavor root disk is sized correctly, or the root disk size is 0(?).

Is that a bug in Horizon, or is there something that I’m missing?

Regards,
-Chris