[3rd party CI] [ironic] BaremetalBasicOps test

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 31 15:30:25 UTC 2019

Hello all,

Our ironic job has been broken and it seems to be due to a lack of IPs.
We allocate two IPs to our job, one for the dhcp server, and one for the
target node. This had been working for as long as the job has existed
but recently (since about early December 2018), we've been broken.

The job is able to clean the node during devstack, successfully deploy
to the node during the tempest run, and is successfully validated via
ssh. The node then moves to clean failed with a network error [1], and
the job subsequently fails. Sometime between the validation and
attempting to clean, the neutron port associated with the ironic port is
deleted and a new port comes into existence. Where I'm having trouble is
finding out what this port is. Based on it's MAC address It's a virtual
port, and its MAC is not the same as the ironic port.

We could add an IP to the job to fix it, but I'd rather not do that
needlessly.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated here!

Thanks,
Mike Turek <mjturek>

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/743191/