[placement] update 19-03

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 14:03:04 UTC 2019

On 25-01-19 12:49:33, Chris Dent wrote:

> [..]
>
> Deployment related changes:
>
> * [TripleO](https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tripleo-placement-extraction)

Just to add some more colour here, the following tripleo-heat-templates
change that is ultimately responsible for deploying an extracted
Placement service in TripleO is now passing CI and ready for serious
review:

placement: Extract the service from Nova
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/630644/

I still have to find time to dig into the RDO failures but I assume this
is due to the outstanding tripleo-common and puppet-tripleo changes not
being used by these jobs.

On the puppet side, I'm reworking the puppet-nova removal change to use
puppet-placement, fixing the currently broken puppet-tripleo tests and
almost ready to land the puppet-openstack-integration change now the
required pyvers changes have mostly merged.

I'm very confident at this point of having this all landed by the next
check-in meeting and should also be able to make a start with the
upgrade tasks later this week ahead of schedule.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76