[magnum][queens] issues

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:42:35 UTC 2019

Hello Feilong, I need the workaround on old and and patched version of
magnum.

The old version I installed with apt is:

oot at tst2-magnum-ubu:~# dpkg -l|grep magnum
ii  magnum-api
6.1.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0                      all          OpenStack
containers as a service
ii  magnum-common
6.1.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0                      all          OpenStack
containers as a service - API server
ii  magnum-conductor
6.1.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0                      all          OpenStack
containers as a service - conductor
ii  python-magnum
6.1.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0                      all          OpenStack
containers as a service - Python library
ii  python-magnumclient
2.8.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0                      all          client library for
Magnum API - Python 2.x

Then I pached magnum with the following commands:

cd /tmp
git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/magnum
cd magnum
git fetch git://git.openstack.org/openstack/magnum refs/changes/30/629130/9
&& git checkout FETCH_HEAD
mv /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/magnum
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/magnum.orig
cp -rp magnum /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/

Then I applyed again my workaround because my external network used by
magnum needs a proxy for accessing internet.
But on pre-patched version magnum heat stacks work fine.
Magnum patched stacks hang creating kube master Resource Group.
Thanks
Ignazio