[qa][tempest] Waiting for interface status == ACTIVE before checking status

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 16:58:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-01-25 at 11:27 -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 01/24/2019 08:27 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> > If we see the  from user perspective , user can have an Active VM with
> > active port which can flip to down in between of that port usage. This seems bug to me.
>
> Agreed, Ghanshyam.
so as this bug states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1672629
if admin-sate-up is False tehn the nova port status shoudl be down even if the vm is active.

it may also be true that if the Data-plane-status extention is used
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/pike/port-data-plane-status.html
the port status might change to down the datapath status is is marked as down but im not sure about that.

they are ment to be independ but its a little confusing.