Why COA exam is being retired?

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:39:53 UTC 2019

On 1/25/2019 9:27 AM, Jonathan Proulx wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:09:04AM -0500, Jay Pipes wrote:
> :On 01/25/2019 09:09 AM, Erik McCormick wrote:
> :> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019, 8:58 AM Jay Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com
>
> :> That's sad. I really appreciated having a non-vendory, ubiased,
> :> community-driven option.
> :
> :+10
> :
> :> If a vendor folds or moves on from Openstack, your certification
> :> becomes worthless. Presumably, so long as there is Openstack, there
> :> will be the foundation at its core. I hope they might reconsider.
> :
> :+100
>
> So to clarify is the COA certifiaction going away or is the Foundation
> just no longer administerign the exam?
>
> It would be a shame to loose a standard unbiased certification, but if
> this is a transition away from directly providing the training and
> only providing the exam specification that may be reasonable.
>
> -Jon

When Allison e-mailed me last week they said they were having meetings
to figure out how to go forward with the COA.  The foundations partners
were going to be offering the exam through September and they were
working on communicating the status of things to the community.

So, probably best to not jump to conclusions and wait for the official
word from the community.

- Jay