Why COA exam is being retired?

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Fri Jan 25 15:27:13 UTC 2019

:> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019, 8:58 AM Jay Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com

:> That's sad. I really appreciated having a non-vendory, ubiased,
:> community-driven option.
:
:+10
:
:> If a vendor folds or moves on from Openstack, your certification
:> becomes worthless. Presumably, so long as there is Openstack, there
:> will be the foundation at its core. I hope they might reconsider.
:
:+100

So to clarify is the COA certifiaction going away or is the Foundation
just no longer administerign the exam?

It would be a shame to loose a standard unbiased certification, but if
this is a transition away from directly providing the training and
only providing the exam specification that may be reasonable.

-Jon