oslo.messaging, OpenSSL 1.1.1a, Eventlet and Python 3.7

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Jan 23 07:51:36 UTC 2019

Hi there!

Just a quick return from my experience.

While testing all what's in the subject in Debian Buster/Sid (testing a
full deployment), I noticed that most (if not all) components wouldn't
connect to RabbitMQ. The crash was like this:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/743089/

This happened in:
- cinder-scheduler
- nova-conductor
- neutron-api
- neutron-rpc-server

and probably many more.

After some search-engine time, I found this patch:
https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/pull/531/commits

This fixed the issue for me (on all OpenStack components). I've pushed
it in the eventlet Debian package Git repository, and hopefully, I'll be
able to push it to Buster before the release (currently waiting on
approval from the current package maintainer).

Hoping this helps the project and/or some deployment people,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: More soon about the latest update of OCI.