[tc][all] Project deletion community goal for Train cycle

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:55:38 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 1:17 PM Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2019, at 3:10 AM, Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe at evrard.me>
> wrote:
> >
> > I think it would be great to have a larger community feedback, or at
> > least a API SIG feedback, analysing this pattern.
>
> I would strongly prefer the approach of each service implementing an
> endpoint to be called by the Keystone when a project is deleted. Relying on
> a library that would somehow be able to understand all the parts a project
> touches within a service sounds a lot more error-prone.

Are you referring to the system scope approach detailed on line 38, here
[0]? I might be misunderstanding something, but I didn't think keystone was
going to iterate all available services and call clean-up APIs. I think it
was just that services would be able to expose an endpoint that cleans up
resources without a project scoped token (e.g., it would be system scoped
[1]).

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goal-project-deletion
[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/keystone/latest/admin/tokens-overview.html#system-scoped-tokens