[Nova] [Scheduler] Change Nova weight_multiplier method to accept host_state

Yikun Jiang yikunkero at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:37:52 UTC 2019

In blueprint [1], we approved to allow set weights multiplier on host
aggregates to have more flexibility when scheduling.

In order to make weigher can get the metadata info, we propose to add a new
parameter "host_state" in weight_multiplier method [2],
just like what we current do in filter host_passes [3].

That means if you implements the custom weigher, you should change your
weigher to accept a host_state.

Any thoughts or feedback are welcome, thanks! : )

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/per-aggregate-scheduling-weight
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/628163/12/nova/weights.py@79
[3]