[dev][Tacker] Implementing Multisite VNFFG

nicolas at lrasc.fr nicolas at lrasc.fr
Fri Jan 11 14:28:12 UTC 2019

Hi all,
First, I am not involved in tacker or in networking-sfc, so I can be
wrong.

Just to be sure by 'multiple VIM' you mean multi domains, multi
autonomous
systems, multi OpenStack/VNFinfra sites that are all different?

When it comes to VNFFG over multiple VIM, I think a question is: what
does the
networking-sfc driver already support?

Some other questions:
1. In a single VIM situation, does the networking-sfc driver support
VNFFG
(or port chaining) over multiple different IP subnets?
2. Does networking-sfc support both IPv4 and IPv6?
3. What routing/steering protocol (NSH, SRv6) does networking-sfc
support?
4. How healthy (or up to date) is the development of networking-sfc?

I think modifying tacker (or modifying any other VNF Orchestrator that
is
plugged to an OpenStack VIM with networking-sfc driver installed) alone
is not
enough. Maybe VNFFG over multiple VIM needs an SDN controller, maybe it
needs
new feature in the networking-sfc driver or new features in neutron...

---
Nicolas