[release] Release countdown for week R-12, Jan 14-18

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jan 10 19:37:09 UTC 2019

Development Focus
-----------------

Focus should be on wrapping up any design specs, then moving on to
implementation as we head into the last stretch of Stein.

General Information
-------------------

Stein-2 is the membership freeze for deliverables to be included in the Stein
coordinated release. We've reached out to a few folks, but if your project has
any new deliverables that have not been released yet, please let us know ASAP
if you hope to have them included in Stein.

Following the changes we had proposed at the beginning of the release cycle,
the release team will be proposing releases for any libraries that have
significant changes merged that have not been released. PTL's and release
liaisons, please watch for these and give a +1 to acknowledge them. If there is
some reason to hold off on a release, let us know that as well. A +1 would be
appreciated, but if we do not hear anything at all by the end of the week, we
will assume things are OK to proceed.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Individual OpenStack Foundation Board election: Jan 14-18
Non-client library freeze: February 28

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)