Issues setting up a SolidFire node with Cinder

Grant Morley grant at absolutedevops.io
Thu Jan 10 13:16:58 UTC 2019

Hi all,

We are in the process of trying to add a SolidFire storage solution to
our existing OpenStack setup and seem to have hit a snag with cinder /
iscsi.

We are trying to create a bootable volume to allow us to launch an
instance from it, but we are getting some errors in our cinder-volumes
containers that seem to suggest they can't connect to iscsi although the
volume seems to create fine on the SolidFire node.

The command we are running is:

openstack volume create --image $image-id --size 20 --bootable --type
solidfire sf-volume-v12

The volume seems to create on SolidFire but I then see these errors in
the "cinder-volume.log"

https://pastebin.com/LyjLUhfk

The volume containers can talk to the iscsi VIP on the SolidFire so I am
a bit stuck and wondered if anyone had come across any issues before?

Kind Regards,

--
Grant Morley
Cloud Lead