[nova] review guide for the bandwidth patches

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Wed Jan 9 10:30:57 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 1:52 PM, Balázs Gibizer
<balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com> wrote:

>>  But, let's chat more about it via a hangout the week after next
>> (week
>>  of January 14 when Matt is back), as suggested in #openstack-nova
>>  today. We'll be able to have a high-bandwidth discussion then and
>>  agree on a decision on how to move forward with this.
>
> Thank you all for the discussion. I agree to have a real-time
> discussion about the way forward.
>
> Would Monday, 14th of Jan, 17:00 UTC[1] work for you for a
> hangouts[2]?
>
> I see the following topics we need to discuss:
> * backward compatibility with already existing SRIOV ports having min
> bandwidth
> * introducing microversion(s) for this feature in Nova
> * allowing partial support for this feature in Nova in Stein (E.g.:
> only server create/delete but no migrate support).
> * step-by-step verification of the really long commit chain in Nova
>
> I will post a summar of each issue to the ML during this week.

Hi,

As I promised here is an etherpad[1] for the hangouts discussion, with
a sort summary for the topic I think we need to discuss. Feel free to
comment in there or add new topics you feel important.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/bandwidth-way-forward

Cheers,
gibi