[octavia] What is our next plan about 'l3-active-active' blueprint?

Jeff Yang yjf1970231893 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:51:48 UTC 2019

Hi, Michael & Adam:

    I only need to confirm the eventlet has no conflict with amphora-agent.
Because I
    just need to use eventlet in amphora-agent.

    Michael:
    1、The os-ken is managed by OpenStack Community now, and
neutron-dynamic-routing's
          default driver also is os-ken. I think we should be consistent
with the community for later maintenance.
    2、For the current application scenario, exabgp is a bit too heavy. If
use exabgp we need to manage an
          extra service and need to write adaption code for different Linux
distributions.
    3、We can more accurately get the bgp speaker and bgp peer's status and
statistics by use Os-Ken's functions,
          for example, peer_down_handler, peer_up_handler,
neighbor_state_get. I didn't find similar function in Exabgp.
    4、Personally, I am more familiar with os-ken.

    Adam:
    Os-Ken is a python library, it implemented bgp protocol. Os-ken manages
bgp speaker by starting a green thread.
     So, I need to use eventlet in amphora-agent code.

  Extra illustration:
     Last week, I found the monkey_patch of eventlet will result in
gunicorn does not work properly. But now, I resolved
     the problem. We must pass `os=False` to eventlet.monkey_patch when we
call eventlet.monkey_patch, if not, the
     gunicorn master process will not exit never.

Michael Johnson <johnsomor at gmail.com> 于2019年1月9日周三 上午1:00写道: