[dev][keystone][nova][oslo] unified limits + oslo.limit interface questions

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:18:38 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Before the holidays there was a bunch of discussion around unified limits
and getting that integrated into nova. One of the last hurdles is smoothing
out the interface between nova and the oslo.limit library, which John and
Jay were helping out with a bunch. There are a couple of WIP patches
proposed that attempt to work through this [0][1][2].

Now that people are starting to recover from the holidays, I wanted to
start a thread on what remains for this work. Specifically, what can we
do to air out the remaining concerns so that we can release a useable
version of oslo.limit for services to consume.

Thoughts?

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/615180/ John's WIP'd integration patch
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/602201/ nova specification
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/596520/21 XiYuan's patch to sort out