[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update V - Jan 08, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:11:07 UTC 2019

Hello,

Happy New Year all!
Here is the first update (Dec, 19th, 18 to Jan 08, 19) of 2019 on
collaboration on os_tempest[1] role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Things got merged:
os_tempest:
* Update all plugin urls to use https rather than git -
https://review.openstack.org/625670
* Remove octavia in favor of octavia-tempest-plugin -
https://review.openstack.org/625828
* Add the manila-tempest-plugin - https://review.openstack.org/626181
* Added support for installing python-tempestconf from git -
https://review.openstack.org/625904
* Use tempest_tempestconf_profile for handling named args -
https://review.openstack.org/623187
* Use tempest_cloud_name for setting cloudname -
https://review.openstack.org/628610

python-tempestconf
* Add profile argument - https://review.openstack.org/621567
* Add unit test for profile feature - https://review.openstack.org/626889
* Fixed SafeConfigParser deprecation warning for py3 -
https://review.openstack.org/628130
* Fix diff in gates - https://review.openstack.org/628180
* Added python-tempestconf-tempest-devstack-admin/demo-py3 -
https://review.openstack.org/622865

and introduced
  tempest_cloud_name var in order to set cloud name from clouds.yaml
for tempest tests.
* python-tempestconf got --profile feature and added py3 based devstack jobs.

Note: when we use tempest run --subunit It always return exit status
0, It is the desired
      behaviour of stestr [https://github.com/mtreinish/stestr/issues/210].
      The docs are now getting updated. We are working on implementing
tempest last
      subcommand [https://review.openstack.org/#/c/511172/]related to the same.

Things In-progress:
os_tempest
* Better tempest black and whitelist management -
https://review.openstack.org/621605
* Add support for aarch64 images - https://review.openstack.org/620032
* Fix tempest workspace path - https://review.openstack.org/628182
* Configuration drives don't appear to work on aarch64+kvm -
https://review.openstack.org/626592
* Use the inventory to enable/disable services by default -
https://review.openstack.org/628979
* Synced tempest plugins names and services -
https://review.openstack.org/628926

python-tempestconf
* Create functional-tests role - https://review.openstack.org/626539
* Enable manila plugin in devstack - https://review.openstack.org/625191

Apart from this we have started working on integrating os_tempest with
devstack and Tripleo
standalone job.
* Devstack - https://review.openstack.org/627482
* Tripleo CI - https://review.openstack.org/627500

We will try to finish os_tempest docs cleanup, whitelist/Blacklist
tests management and os_tempest
integration specs.

I would like to thanks mkopec, arxcruz, cloudnull (reviewing patches
in holidays), mnaser,
jrosser, odyssey4me, marios & quiquell (from tripleo CI team on
helping on os_tempest integration
with Tripleo CI).

Here is the 4th update [2]
Have queries, Feel free to ping us on #tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/001116.html

Thanks,