Review-Priority for Project Repos

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 3 20:04:29 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-03 13:50:48 -0600 (-0600), Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> > I get the impression that the values of the votes are
> > configurable? So you've chosen -1, +1, and +2, but you could
> > have chosen 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (for example)?
>
> Yes, I believe so. Maybe someone more familiar with how this works
> in Gerrit can correct me if I'm misstating that.
[...]

The value ranges are entirely arbitrary as far as I know. Keep in
mind though that the Gerrit configuration to carry over votes to new
patch sets under specific conditions can apparently only be set to
carry over the highest and lowest possible values, but none in
between. I really don't understand that design choice on their part,
but that's what it does.

> So I believe that could be NoBlock or NoOp to allow just ranking
> without enforcing any kind of blocking.

Yes, that should work if it's the behavior you're looking for.
--
Jeremy Stanley