[placement] [packaging] [docs] WIP placement install docs

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jan 3 16:54:00 UTC 2019

I've started a very wippy work in progress [1] for placement
installation docs within the extracted placement repository, using
the existing docs from nova as a base.

I'd like to draw the attention of rdo, ubuntu, and obs packagers as
the docs follow the existing pattern of documenting install on those
three distros. However, since placement is not fully packaged yet,
I'm making some guesses in the docs about how things will be set up
and how packages will be named. So if people who are interested in
such things could have a look that would be helpful.

I've stubbed out, but not yet completed, a from-pypi page as well,
as with placement, installation can become as simple as pip install
+ run a single command line with the right args, if that's what you
want. I think people should be able to see that too.

Thanks.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/628220