[all][qa] tempest-multinode-full and tempest-slow job will start running on stable/* branches

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Feb 28 18:42:45 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Till now Tempest jobs 'tempest-multinode-full' & 'tempest-slow' are running on master gate only
because those are restricted by branch variant to mater-only[1].

Those jobs are supposed to be run for stable branches also. Many projects (for example Nova) have added them in their stable
branch gate pipeline to test the backport changes.

Below two patches are removing the master branch restriction from them so that they will run on stable branches also.
Stable/pike and stable/queens were failing due to ssh issue which is fixed and merged in both branches.  Both jobs are
running fine now on all stable branches, I have tested them on Nova stable branches gate[2]

- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/610938/
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/620582/

I have opened the above two patches to merge now.

tempest-slow job is voting in stable branch and tempest-multinode-full is non voting in most of the places.

so once above two patches are merged, below are the change will happen in stable branch gate testing:
1. stable gate will start running the tempest-slow and tempest-multinode-full job where ever it is already added in stable  branch pipeline.

2. If any of your job derived from either tempest-slow or tempest-multinode-full job and not supposed to run for stable branch
(and till now it relies on master restriction of base job) then, you need to handle the same restriction in your job.

3. If you are looking for multinode/slow test coverage in stable branches then, they are available now.

Feel free to ping me on IRC or via this mail thread for anything or if we need to wait for those patches to get merge (in case any projects is affected)

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/.zuul.yaml#n202    http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/.zuul.yaml#n267
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tempest-multinode-slow-stable+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

-gmann