[nova] NUMA live migration - mostly how it's tested

Artom Lifshitz alifshit at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 02:33:31 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019, 21:27 Matt Riedemann, <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/27/2019 7:25 PM, Artom Lifshitz wrote:
> > What I've been using for testing is this: [3]. It's a series of
> > patches to whitebox_tempest_plugin, a Tempest plugin used by a bunch
> > of us Nova Red Hatters to automate testing that's outside of Tempest's
> > scope.
>
> And where is that pulling in your nova series of changes and posting
> test results (like a 3rd party CI) so anyone can see it? Or do you mean
> here are tests, but you need to provide your own environment if you want
> to verify the code prior to merging it.

Sorry, wasn't clear. It's the latter. The test code exists, and has run
against my devstack environment with my patches checked out, but there's no
CI or public posting of test results. Getting CI coverage for these NUMA
things (like the old Intel one) is a whole other topic.

Can we really not even have functional tests with the fake libvirt
> driver and fake numa resources to ensure the flow doesn't blow up?

That's something I have to look into. We have live migration functional
tests, and we have NUMA functional tests, but I'm not sure how we can
combine the two.