Help with contributing to Storyboard for Outreachy 2019.

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:50:49 UTC 2019

Hello :)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:34 AM Namrata Jha <njha1999 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to make contributions to the low hanging fruits in the Storyboard
> project, and want to make changes in the REST API documentation as is
> required in one of the stories, however, I have no idea how to go about it.
> I have even commented on the story in concern:
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/298. Any help on this would be
> greatly appreciated.

If you have questions about how to actually implement the solution you
should come join us in #storyboard on IRC and we should be able to get you
started.

> Moreover, the skills required mentioned on the Outreachy project listings
> page primarily includes SQL but there are no SQL related bugs to solve on
> the storyboard. I will contribute to improve the documentations wherever I
> can but how will that determine my selection as an Outreachy intern.

Yeah I understand how this can be confusing. I chose SQL as one of the
required skills because that will be the primary thing you need to know to
complete the work that we want done. That being said, the majority of
storyboard is written in Python and Javascript and so that is what you will
see when looking at the low hanging bugs. There were only three skills we
could say were required so I stuck to the ones relevant to the project you
would be working on and didn't include other skills that were somewhat
relevant.

> P.S. I'm sorry @Kendall Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com>, I had not
> intended to personally mail you this issue earlier, I replied to a previous
> thread and didn't realize that the mailing list wasn't included. Sorry for
> that. :)

No worries :) You could have kept replying there. I'll see it either place
:)

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)