[neutron] auto shedule explained?

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:25:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

im trying to understand the use-cases of

# Allow auto scheduling networks to DHCP agent. (boolean value)
network_auto_schedule = false

# Allow auto scheduling of routers to L3 agent. (boolean value)
router_auto_schedule = false

if I read the code correctly, both options should only be used if there
is (during runtime) an network without any l3 or dhcp agents, so neutron
would trigger an automatic reschedule to new agents, isnt it?

I disabled both options and created a new network, which automatically
got l3 and dhcp agents assigned, so it seems like my assumption is correct?

Thanks a lot,

  Fabian Zimmermann