[nova][keystone] project tags in context for scheduling

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:25:14 UTC 2019

On 2/26/2019 11:53 PM, Sam Morrison wrote:
> We have a use case where we want to schedule a bunch of projects to specific compute nodes only.
> The aggregate_multitenancy_isolation isn’t viable because in some cases we will want thousands of projects to go to some hardware and it isn’t manageable/scaleable to do this in nova and aggregates. (Maybe it is and I’m being silly?)

Is the issue because of this?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1802111

Or just in general. Because
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/configuration/schedulers.html#tenant-isolation-with-placement
fixes that problem, but is only available since Rocky.

Also, I can't find it now but there was a public cloud workgroup bug in
launchpad at one point where it was asking that the
AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation filter work on keystone domains rather
than a list of projects, so if those projects were all in the same
domain you'd just specify the domain in the aggregate metadata than the
thousands of projects which is your scaling issue. Tobias might remember
that bug.

Matt