[placement][TripleO] zuul job dependencies for greater good?

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 10:31:38 UTC 2019

On 26.02.2019 17:53, James E. Blair wrote:
> Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobreli at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> I attempted [0] to do that for tripleo-ci, but zuul was (and still
>> does) complaining for some weird graphs building things :/
>>
>> See also the related topic [1] from the past.
>>
>> [0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568543
>> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/127869.html
>
> Thank you for linking to [1].  It's worth re-reading.  Especially the
> part at the end.
>
> -Jim

Yes, the part at the end is the best indeed.
I'd amend the time priorities graph though like that:

CPU-time < a developer time < developers time

That means burning some CPU and nodes in a pool for a waste might
benefit a developer, but saving some CPU and nodes in a pool would
benefit *developers* in many projects as they'd get the jobs results off
the waiting check queues faster :)

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,