[placement] zuul job dependencies for greater good?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Feb 26 17:13:45 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-26 17:03:51 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 11:35 -0500, Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> > is there something that the dashboard is failing to do that this
> > would address? At any time you should be able to check the zuul
> > dashboard for an up to date status of your in progress jobs.
>
> for me know but i find that many people dont know about
> zuul.openstack.org and that you can view the jobs and there logs
> (once a job finishes) before zuul comments back.
>
> perhaps posting a comment when zuul starts contain a line ot
> zull.o.o would help the discoverability aspect.
[...]

We've had some semi-successful experiments in the past with exposing
a filtered progress view of Zuul builds in the Gerrit WebUI.
Previous attempts were stymied by the sheer volume of status API
requests from hundreds of developers with dozens of open browser
tabs to different Gerrit changes. Now that we've got the API better
cached and separated out to its own service we may be able to
weather the storm. There's also new support being worked on in
Gerrit for improved CI reporting, and for which we'll hopefully be
able to take advantage eventually.
--
Jeremy Stanley