[nova]Supporting volume_name when booting from volume

Rambo lijie at unitedstack.com
Tue Feb 26 06:45:32 UTC 2019

Hi,all

       Currently, when creating a new boot-from-volume instance, the user can only control the name of the volume by pre-creating a bootable image-backed volume with the desired name in cinder and providing it to nova during the boot process. It is not friendly to the user when we want to use the desired name volume to boot instance. What do you think of this suggestion? Can you tell me more about this ?Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Rambo