[placement] zuul job dependencies for greater good?

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 00:20:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 02:36:44PM -0600, Eric Fried wrote:
> I would also support a commit message tag (or something) that tells zuul
> not to bother running CI right now. Or a way to go to zuul.o.o and yank
> a patch out.

Note that because edits to zuul jobs (i.e. whatever is in .zuul.yaml)
are applied to testing for that change, for WIP changes it's usually
easy to just go in and edit out any and all "unrelated" jobs while
you're in early iterations [1].  Obviously you put things back when
things are ready for review.

I think this covers your first point.  If you get it wrong, you can
upload a new change and Zuul will stop active jobs and start working
on the new change, which I think covers the second.

-i

[1] e.g. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/623137/6/.zuul.d/jobs.yaml