[keystone][dev] Forum topic brainstorming

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:24:16 UTC 2019

On 2/22/19 5:01 AM, Colleen Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, at 7:16 PM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  This is going out a little later than I'd like, so I apologize for
>> letting it slip.
>>
>>  Submissions for forum topics opens tomorrow [0]. Per usual, I've
>> created an etherpad [1] for us to come up with topics we'd like to
>> discuss at the forum. It looks like we only have a couple weeks to
>> submit sessions [2], so I'll be putting this on the agenda for the
>> keystone meeting next week.
>>  Please have a look and add suggestions or feedback before then.
>>
>>  [0]
>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-February/002900.html
>>  [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DEN-keystone-forum-sessions
>>  [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum
>>
>> Attachments:
>> * signature.asc
> We should also presumably be brainstorming PTG topics too? I suppose we don't have to submit those ahead of time but it would be good to start considering them as well.

++

Since this is the first time we've co-located the events, I'm open to
using whatever approach is easiest for collecting ideas. In the past
we've always used an etherpad to collect topics and then we formalize it
into a schedule as we got closer to the event. I don't know if people
are adverse to another etherpad for topics that are closely related,
just because that's how we've done it in the past.

Conversely, we could generalize the forum etherpad into a general bucket
of "topics", and denote which are going to be submitted for the forum
and which are going to be sessions at the PTG.

I'm fine with either. I can restructure things or consolidate if folks
think it will be easier to get ideas on paper.

Thoughts?