Outreachy contribution

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Feb 22 01:28:53 UTC 2019

 ---- On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 05:06:20 +0900 Sofia Enriquez <senrique at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > Hi Peetpal, Welcome to OpenStack!
 >
 > I think you can find the steps to start on the Outreachy web. However, this could help you:First, I recommend you to read about Devstack [1] (It's a series of scripts used to quickly bring up a complete OpenStack environment)
 > Try to follow the guide [1] and install Devstack on the host machine.
 > Read the [2] developers guide.
 > Maybe this guide is old but could help you [3].
 > Let me know if you have any questions!Sofi
 >
 > [1] https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/[2] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html[3] https://enriquetaso.wordpress.com/2016/05/07/installing-devstack-on-a-vagrant-virtual-machine/

In addition to what Sofia mentioned, OpenStack Upstream Institute[1] conduct upstream training in every Summit which helps on initial onboarding and learns the complete process of merge your first patch. There are many OpenStack mentor/expert (PTL, Core) in training for guiding you about project-specific contribution.
Denver Summit upstream training schedule is out [2], If you plan to attend the summit.

First Contact SIG [3] can also help you to onboard you and connect you in specific project team you are interested in. FC SIG has each project liaison for new contributors with their TZ information. We also conduct the biweekly meeting [4], so feel free to attend that for any queries.

Feel free to reach any of those groups and thanks for showing interest in OpenStack Contribution.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/upstream-training/
[2]  https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/global-search?t=OpenStack+Upstream+Institute
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG#Meeting_Agenda