[placement] [translation][i18n] translating exceptions

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:51:32 UTC 2019

On 2/21/2019 11:07 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Does an end-user interact with placement directly, or are all of the
> errors going to be seen and handled by other services that will report
> their own errors to end users?

The Placement APIs are admin-only by default. That can be configured via
policy but assume it's like Ironic and admin-only for the most part.

Speaking of, what does Ironic do about translations in its API?

As for the question at hand, I'm OK with *not* translating errors in
placement for both the admin-only aspect and the push to use standard
codes in error responses which can be googled.

FWIW I also shared this thread on WeChat to see if anyone has an opinion
there.

Matt