[nova][dev] Any VMware resource pool and shares kind of feature available in openstack nova?

Sanjay K isanjayk5 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:10:27 UTC 2019

Hi All,
Is there any VMware resource pools and shares kind of features available in
nova compute scheduler which can do run time scheduling based on available
resources on compute host for a launched instance with KVM/Qemu hypervisors
based? Basically I want to prioritize some vm instances over others so that
higher priority VM instances get better resource allocated at runtime and
chance to run than lower priority VMs?

Any future proposal on this kind of feature in scope?

Please let me know if there is any work around or have to manage with the
current default scheduling functions inside nova compute?

thanks and regards