[tripleo][ironic] What I had to do to get standalone ironic working with ovn enabled

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 22:29:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 10:54:33AM +1300, Steve Baker wrote:
> > 2. environments/services/ironic.yaml sets:
> >
> >       NeutronMechanismDrivers: ['openvswitch', 'baremetal']
> >
> >     Since I didn't want openvswitch enabled in this deployment, I
> >     explicitly set the mechanism drivers in a subsequent environment
> >     file:
> >
> >       NeutronMechanismDrivers: ['ovn', 'baremetal']
>
> Can you provide your full deployment command. I think it is most likely that
> the order of environment files is resulting in an incorrect value in
> NeutronMechanismDrivers. You may be able to confirm this by looking at the
> resulting plan file with something like:
>
> openstack object save --file - overcloud plan-environment.yaml

The arguments to 'tripleo deploy' look like this:

deploy_args=(
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/standalone/standalone-tripleo.yaml
  -r /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/roles/Standalone.yaml

  # Thisssets NeutronMechanismDrivers: ['openvswitch', 'baremetal']
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic.yaml
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/ironic-inspector.yaml

  # This sets NeutronMechanismDrivers: ovn and disables
  # OS::TripleO::Services::NeutronMetadataAgent and
  # OS::TripleO::Services::NeutronDhcpAgent
  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services/neutron-ovn-standalone.yaml

  # This sets NeutronMechanismDrivers: ['ovn', 'baremetal'] and re-enables
  # OS::TripleO::Services::NeutronMetadataAgent and
  # OS::TripleO::Services::NeutronDhcpAgent
  -e ./standalone_parameters.yaml
)

The above is used in the following command line:

	sudo openstack tripleo deploy \
		--templates $TEMPLATES \
		--local-ip=192.168.23.1/24 \
		--output-dir deploy \