[all] Single approve py37 patches

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Feb 19 18:54:00 UTC 2019

> > Somewhat related - I submitted this patch today:
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/
> >

> > It's maybe a little late to get all folks using this for stein, but I've added
> > a template for it just in case we want to use it once we have stable/stein
> > branches. We can also get some projects switched over before then on a best
> > effort basis.
> >
> > We would try to do some automation in Train to get everyone on that template
> > right from the start.

> so ill approve https://review.openstack.org/#/c/610068/ once it passes ci to
> swap over os-vif to enable the python 3.7 jobs.
> but the question i have is the non clinet lib fereeze is next week.
> should i quickly sub a patch to swap to the stein template once
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/ merges?
> i can also submit a follow up to swap over to the the train template and
> -w
> it until RC1. is that the intention of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/.
> or should i wait for automated proposals to use the templates?

Great questions!

I'm waiting to get more feedback from the community on the template approach. I
(obviously) think it would be a good way to go, but I'd like to see that
there's a little broader consensus on that approach.

Which all means, nothing should be held up at this point waiting for that to be
approved. If it gets approved quickly - great, we can start switching over to
it if we still can and the teams want to yet in Stein. If it doesn't get
approved, then hopefully there is no impact on any current in-flight plans.

As far as the lib freeze and releasing goes, this shouldn't really have an
impact on that. Since it is a non-functional change (as in, it does not change
how any of the libraries work, it just impacts which tests are run against
them) it could still be merged after the lib freeze and would not need another
release to be done just for its own sake.

Thanks!
Sean