[infra] Patch submitters can remove core reviewer votes?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Feb 19 16:13:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019, at 8:03 AM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637703/
>
> I'm assuming in that case it was an accident, but it doesn't seem like
> this should be possible at all. For example, if I had -2'd would it
> still have allowed the removal? Maybe you can only remove positive votes?
>
> Anyway, seemed weird to me so I thought I would bring it up.

I want to say we tested this as a behavior noticed during upgrade prep a year and a half ago.  And as you suspect it is only allowed for positive votes. However, you should double check us on that. Can you see if you are able to remove either of the -1's on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/571321/ ? (you own that change so should be a reasonable reproduction case).

I'd do it myself but unfortunately my account (and other Gerrit admin accounts) can always do this for reasons...

Clark