[release] Release countdown for week R-7, February 18-22

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Feb 14 17:41:57 UTC 2019

Welcome to this weeks release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

The non-client library freeze is getting, followed closely by the client lib
freeze. Teams should be focusing on wrapping up work that will require library
changes to complete.

General Information
-------------------

As we get closer to the end of the cycle, we have deadlines coming up for
client and non-client libraries to ensure any dependency issues are worked out
and we have time to make any critical fixes before the final release
candidates. To this end, it is good practice to release libraries throughout
the cycle once they have accumulated any significant functional changes.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Non-client library freeze: February 28
Stein-3 milestone: March 7
RC1 deadline: March 21