[nova][dev] Which response code should be returned when migrate is called but the src host is offline?

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 18:00:21 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I can't seem to settle on an answer for $subject as part this bugfix:

compute: Reject migration requests when source is down
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/623489/

409 suggests that the user is able to address the issue while 503
suggests that n-api itself is at fault. I'd really appreciate peoples
thoughts on this given I hardly ever touch n-api.

Thanks in advance,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76