[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update X - Feb 12, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:26:50 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 10th update (Feb 06 to Feb 12, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

* For debugging networking issue for os_tempest, we have router ping
* Added telemetry tempest plugin support
* The os_tempest overview page got rewrite:
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible-os_tempest/latest/overview.html
* Added use of user/password for secure image download

And from myside, not to much work as busy with ruck/rover on TripleO Side.

Things got merged
OS_TEMPEST:
* Update all plugin urls to use https rather than git -
https://review.openstack.org/633752
* venv: use inventory_hostname instead of ansible_hostname -
https://review.openstack.org/635187
* Add telemetry distro plugin install for aodh -
https://review.openstack.org/632125
* Add user and password for secure image download (optional) -
https://review.openstack.org/625266
* Ping router once it is created - https://review.openstack.org/633883
* Improve overview subpage - https://review.openstack.org/633934

python-venv_build:
* Add tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone-os-tempest job -
https://review.openstack.org/634377

In Progress work:
OS_TEMPEST
* Use the correct heat tests - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/630695/
* Add option to disable router ping - https://review.openstack.org/636211
* Add tempest_service_available_mistral with distro packages -
https://review.openstack.org/635180
* Added tempest.conf for heat_plugin - https://review.openstack.org/632021

TripleO:
* Reuse the validate-tempest skip list in os_tempest -
https://review.openstack.org/634380

Goal of this week:
* Unblock os_heat gate due to mpi4py dependency and other issue
* Complete skip list reuse on tripleo side

Thanks to jrosser, mnaser, odyssey4me, guilhermesp
on router_ping, os_heat help, arxcruz on reuse skip list &
mkopec for improving doc.

Here is the 9th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest