[Neutron] Split Network node from controller Node

Slawomir Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 08:13:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

I don’t know if there is any tutorial for that but You can just deploy new node with agents which You need, then disable old DHCP/L3 agents with neutron API [1] and move existing networks/routers to agents in new host with neutron API. Docs for agents scheduler API is in [2] and [3].
Please keep in mind that when You will move routers to new agent You will have some downtime in data plane.

[1] https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/#update-agent
[2] https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/#l3-agent-scheduler
[3] https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/#dhcp-agent-scheduler

> Wiadomość napisana przez Zufar Dhiyaulhaq <zufar at onf-ambassador.org> w dniu 11.02.2019, o godz. 03:33:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I Have existing OpenStack with 1 controller node (Network Node in controller node) and 2 compute node. I need to expand the architecture by splitting the network node from controller node (create 1 node for network).
>
> Do you have any recommended step or tutorial for doing this?
> Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
> Zufar Dhiyaulhaq

—