[cinder][dev] Bug for deferred deletion in RBD

Jae Sang Lee hyangii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 06:54:47 UTC 2019

Hello,

I recently ran a volume deletion test with deferred deletion enabled on the
pike release.

We experienced a cinder-volume hung when we were deleting a large amount of
the volume in which the data was actually written(I make 15GB file in every
volumes), and we thought deferred deletion would solve it.

However, while deleting 200 volumes, after 50 volumes, the cinder-volume
downed as before. In my opinion, the trash_move api does not seem to work
properly when removing multiple volumes, just like remove api.

If these test results are my fault, please let me know the correct test
method.