[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 4 February 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Feb 9 14:27:32 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 4 February 2019

## News

### Performance of Loading Fernet/JWT Key Repositories

Lance noticed that it seems that token signing/encryption keys are loaded from disk on every request and is therefore not very performant, and started investigating ways we could improve this[1][2].

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-02-07.log.html#t2019-02-07T17:55:34
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-02-08.log.html#t2019-02-08T17:09:24

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 10 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2RLApdA

There are 73 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 2 new bugs and closed 3.

Bugs opened (2)
Bug #1814589 (keystone:High) opened by Guang Yee https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1814589
Bug #1814570 (keystone:Medium) opened by Guang Yee https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1814570

Bugs fixed (3)
Bug #1804483 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1804483
Bug #1805406 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1805406
Bug #1801095 (keystone:Wishlist) fixed by Artem Vasilyev https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1801095

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

Feature freeze is in four weeks. Be mindful of the gate and try to submit and review things early.

## Shout-outs

Congratulations and thank you to our Outreachy intern Islam for completing the first step in refactoring our unit tests to lean on our shiny new Flask framework! Great work!

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter