Subject: Re: [Trove] State of the Trove service tenant deployment model

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 00:20:37 UTC 2019

Sorry for bringing this thread back to the top again.

But I am wondering if there are people who have already deployed Trove in
production? If yes, are you using service tenant model(create the database
vm and related resources in the admin project) or using the flatten mode
that the end user has access to the database vm and the control plane
network as well?

I am asking because we are going to deploy Trove in a private cloud, and we
want to take more granular control of the resources created, e.g for every
database vm, we will create the vm in the admin tenant, plug a port to the
control plane(`CONF.default_neutron_networks`) and the other ports to the
network given by the users, we also need to specify different security
groups to different types of neutron ports for security reasons, etc.

There are something missing in trove in order to achieve the above, I'm
working on that, but I'd like to hear more suggestions.

My irc name is lxkong in #openstack-trove, please ping me if you have
something to share.

Cheers,
Lingxian Kong